« PreviousContinue »
An act to repeal "An act to provide courts of summary ju
risdiction in the city of Jersey City,” passed April second,
1. BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey, That an act entitled "An act to provide courts of summary jurisdiction in the city of Jersey City," passed April second, eighteen hundred and seventythree, be and the same is hereby repealed ; and all acts and parts of acts repealed by said act are hereby revived.
2. And be it enacted, That this act shall take effect immediately.
Approved March 27, 1874.
An act for the relief of the Township of Milburn.
1. Be IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the to proceed State of New Jersey, That it shall be the duty of the Essex tain work. county public road board, and they are hereby directed and
required to proceed with and complete the laying out, open.
one thousand eight hundred and seventy-seven. It said
2. And be it enacted, That in case the said Springfield ave.
nue shall not be constructed and completed in and through in certain said township of Milburn, that then and thereafter, that is exempt
to say, from and after the said first day of January, one thou
sand eight hundred and seventy-seven, the said township of from taxaMilburn, and the inhabitants thereof, and all property in said township shall be exempt from all liability to taxation or assessment, or contribution, on account of any expenditures, indebtedness, or outlay made and created, or which shall be hereafter made and created by the said Essex county public road board, or for or by reason of any work or expenditure under their supervision.
3. And be it enacted, That all acts and parts of acts incon- Repealer. sistent with the provisions of this act, be and the same are hereby repealed and this act shall take effect immediately.
Approved March 27, 1874.
A further supplement to an act entitled "An act to incor
porate the Washington Fire Company, Number One, of Matawan Township, Monmouth County," approved March seventeenth, one thousand eight hundred and seventy.
1. BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey, That the legal voters embraced in certain diswhat is known as the fire district in the said township of powered to Matawan, are hereby authorized to raise by taxation, to be raise.cer-, assessed and collected as other taxes are assessed and col. taxation. lected, a sum of money not to exceed one thousand dollars, and to be voted for by the legal voters of the said fire district at the next annual election.
2. And be it enacted, That so much of the act to which Repealer. this is a supplement as conflicts with the provisions of this act be and the same are hereby repealed.
3. And be it enacted, That this act shall take effect immediately.
Approved February 27, 1874.