Charting the rise and development of Christianity, Carter Lindberghas succeeded in writing a concise and compelling history of theworld’s largest religion. He spans over 2,000 years ofcolorful incident to give an authoritative history of Christianityfor both the general reader and the beginning student.
- Ranges from the missionary journeys of the apostles to thetele-evangelism of the twenty-first century.
- Demonstrates how the Christian community received and forgedits identity from its development of the Bible to the presentday.
- Covers topics fundamental to understanding the course ofWestern Christianity, including the growth of the papacy, heresyand schism, reformation and counter-reformation.
- Includes an introduction to the historiography of Christianity,a note on the problems of periodization, an appendix on theologicalterms, and a useful bibliography.
- An authoritative yet succinct history, written to appeal to ageneral audience as well as students of the history ofChristianity.
- Written by internationally regarded theologian, CarterLindberg, who is the author of numerous titles on theology andChurch history.