Major & Mrs Holt's Definitive Battlefield Guide to the D-Day Normandy Landing Beaches
Already the best-selling English-language guide to the area, universally known as 'THE BIBLE', this is the sixth, completely revised, up-to-date, much expanded edition of the DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO THE D-DAY NORMANDY LANDING BEACHES.
The third in the Holts' important series of Battlefield Guides (following the Somme and the Ypres Salient) it employs the same, highly acclaimed formula. Once again, the cold facts are interlaced with anecdotes of bravery, humor, sadness and humanity.
This new edition now contains:
* All the landing Beaches: JUNO, SWORD, GOLD, OMAHA, UTAH
* All the Airborne Operations: British and American
* Two Approach Routes; Six timed and measured Itineraries
* 21 in-text Itinerary maps, Battle maps & Diagrams
* Approximately 400 recommended sites within the D-Day planned area of advance, all with photos, each with Latitude & Longitude references (New for this Edition)
* Over 400 colored pictures, 352 pages
* Memorials / Museums / Batteries / Bunkers / Landing fields
* Allied and German War Cemeteries
* Historical background to the landings
* The Plans and what actually happened
* Information about Allied and German War Graves Associations
* Veterans' and other commemorative associations
* Normandy tourist information: Where to stay / where to eat
* Cameos about personalities - VCs / MOHs / Poets / Photographers etc...
Packaged with the Battle Map of the Normandy Landing Beaches showing the sea Assault formations for UTAH, OMAHA, GOLD, JUNO and SWORD Beaches and the air Assault Formations round Ste Mere Eglise and Pegasus Bridge; the D-Day Objectives and the Ground Gained on D-Day.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.