A Companion to Tudor Britain
provides an authoritative overview of historical debates about this period, focusing on the whole British Isles.
- An authoritative overview of scholarly debates about Tudor Britain
- Focuses on the whole British Isles, exploring what was common and what was distinct to its four constituent elements
- Emphasises big cultural, social, intellectual, religious and economic themes
- Describes differing political and personal experiences of the time
- Discusses unusual subjects, such as the sense of the past amongst British constituent identities, the relationship of cultural forms to social and political issues, and the role of scientific inquiry
- Bibliographies point readers to further sources of information