« PreviousContinue »
NOTICE OF CLAIM.
To the Town Clerk of the Borough of I ABREBY give you notice, that I claim to have my name inserted in the parish burgess lists of the borough of
that I occupy [here describe the house, warehouse, counting-house, shop, or other building then occupied by the claimant] in the borough, and that I have been rated in the parish of [here state the parish or several parishes, and the time during which the claimant has been rated in each of them within the borough, necessary for his qualification]. Dated the
(Signed) John Allen of (place of abode).
in the year
NOTICE OF OBJECTION.
To the Town Clerk of the Borough of
[or to the person objected to
as the case may be]. I HEREBY give you notice, that I object to the name of Thomas Bates of Brook's Farm, in the parish of
[describe the person objected to as described in the parish burgess list] being retained on the parish burgess lists of the borough of Dated the
day of (Signed) John Ashton of [here state the place of abode and the
property for which he is said to be rated in the parish burgess lists).
in the year
LIST OF CLAIMANTS.
The following Persons claim to have their Names inserted in the Parish
Burgess Lists of the Borough of
LIST OF PERSONS OBJECTED TO.
The following Persons have been objected to as not being entitled to have their
Name; retained in the Parish Burgess Lists of the Borough of
Election of [Councillors, or elective Auditors. or revising Assessors, * as the case may be) for the [
Ward or several Wards of the] Borough.
Take Notice, 1. That an election of [here insert the number of councillors, auditors, or a88e88ors, as the case may be] for the [
ward or several wards of the] said borough will be held on the
day of 2. Candidates must be nominated by writing, subscribed by two burgesses as proposer or seconder, anů by eight other burgesses as assenting to the nomination,
3. Candidates must be duly qualified for the office to which they are nomi. nated, and the nomination paper must state the surname and other names of the person nominated, with his abode and description, and may be in the following form, or to the like effect:
(Set out Form I.) 4. Each candidate must be nominated by a separate nomination paper, but the same burgesses or any of them may subscribe as many nomination papers as there are vacancies to be filled for the borough [or ward), but no more.
5. Every person who forges a nomination paper, or delivers any nomination paper knowing the same to be forged, will be guilty of a misdemeanour, and be liable to imprisonment fur any term not exceeding six months, with or without hard labour.
6. Nomination papers must be delivered by the candidate himself, or his proposer or seconder, at the town clerk's office before five o'clock in the afternoon of day the
next. 7. The mayor will attend at the town hall on
day the day of
for a sufficient time between the hours of two and four o'clock in the afternoon, to hear and decide objections to nomination papers.
8. Forms of nomination papers may be obtained at the town clerk's office; and the town clerk will, at the request of any burgess, fill up a nomination pper. Datod this day of
13. A.B., Town Clerk.
Revising Assessors now abol shed.
NOMINATION PAPER. Borough of
. Election of Councillors selective Auditors, or revising Assessorg*] for
Ward in the said Borough (or the said Borough] to be held on the
18 . We, the undersigned, being respectively burgesses, hereby nominate the following person as a candidate at the said election.
We, the undersigned, being respectively burgesses, herehy assent to the nomination of the above-named person as a candidate at the said election. Dated this day of
Number on Burgess Roll, with the Ward or Polling District, if any, having
a distinct numbering.
* Office now abolished.
For Elective Auditors.
(John Cade, of 22, Wellclose Place, Accountant.) Note.—The counterfoil is
Johnson. to have a num 2 / (Charles Johnson, of 7, Albion Street, Gentleman.) ber to correspond with that on the
THOMPSON. "back of the ballot paper.
| 3 (William Thompson, of 14, Queen Street, Silversmith.)
For Revising Assessor. *
BYRON. 2 (James Byron, of 45, George Street, Commission Agent.)
FORM of Back of Ballot Paper. No.
Election of elective auditors for the borough of to be held on the
18 The number on the back of the ballot paper is to correspond with that on the counterfoil.
[The following cases define “correctly" and "incorrectly" marked ballot papers :- Woodward v. Sarsons (L. R , 10 C. P., 733); and McLaren v. Milne Home (44 L, T. (N. 6.), 209].
* This office was practically abolished by the County Electois Act, 1888. PART III.- Forms relating to Working Men's Dwellings.
FORM OF GRANT BY CORPORATION.
The Municipal Corporations Act, 1882.
(Working Men's Dwellings.) Boro‘igh of
Grant No. The mayor, aldermen, and burgesses of the borough of virtue and in pursuance of the above-mentioned Act, and in consideration of paid to them by A.B. of
hereby grant to the said A.B. (herein referred to as the grantee), and his heirs, the site following (that is to say) [insert description] with the appurtenances, subject to the following conditions (that is to say) :
1. The grantee shall build on the site one working-man's or working-men's dwelling (and no more) according to the plan and specification deposited in the office of the town clerk, numbered and under the superintendence and to the satisfaction of the corporation.
2. The grantee, his heirs and assigns, shall always maintain and repair the building, and shall not sell or alienate the site or building in divisions or separate parts, and, in case of the taking down or destruction of the building shall not rebuild it except in inanner approved by the corporation.
3. The grantee, his heirs or assigns, shall not add to or alter the character of the building without the consent of the corporation.
4. If at any time the grantee, his heirs or assigns, fail to fully observe and perform any stipulation of this grant, the corporation may, if they think fit, declare that the site is re-vested in the corporation; and thereupon the same, with the dwelling and other buildings thereon, shall become and be vested in the corporation, as if this grant had not been made. In witness whereof &c., this
18 (Corporate Seal.)
Form Of TRANSFER OF GRANT.
The Municipal Corporations Act, 1882.
(Working Men's Dwellings.) Borough of
Transfer No. (Grant No. ). A.B. of
by virtue and in pursuance of the above-mentioned Act, and in consideration of
paid to him by C.D. of
, hereby grants and transfers to the said C.D. and his heirs the site comprised in the within-written* grant for the grant No. under the said Act, dated the
+] with the appurtenances and with the dwelling and other buildings thereon, subject to the conditions on which that site is held immediately before the execution of this transfer. In witness whereof, &c.,
18 A.B. (L.s.)
. In case of transfer by indorsement.
FORM OF LEASE BY CORPORATION.
(Working Men's Dwellings.) Borough of
Lease No. The mayor, aldermen, and burgesses of the borough of by virtue and in pursuance of the above-mentioned Act, and in consideration of the sum of paid to them by A.B. of
and of the rent and stipulations in this lease reserved and contained, and to be by him, his executors, administrators, or assigns, paid and performed hereby lease to the said A.B. (herein referred to as the lessee), his executors and administrators, the site following (that is to say) [insert description] with the appurtenances, for the term of (nine hundred and ninety-nine) years from the
at the yearly rent (clear of all deductions) of
payable by two equal half-yearly payments on the
in every year, the first thereof to be made on the
and the last thereof to be made in advance on the
next before the end of the term, and so that on the term being determined by re-entry a proportionate part of the rent for the fraction of the current half year up to re-entry be repayable.
And the lessee hereby covenants with the corporation that he, his executors, administrators, or assigns, will during the term pay the rent on the days and in manner aforesaid, and will pay all taxes, rates, and outgoings for the time being payable by the tenant in respect of the premises.
And this lease is made subject to the following conditions (that is to say) :
1. The lessee shall build on the site one working-man's or working-men's dwelling (and no more) according to the plan and specification deposited in the office of the town clerk, and numbered
under the superintendence and to the satisfaction of the corporation.
2. The lessee, his executors, administrators, and assigns, shall always during the term maintain and repair the building, and shall not sell or alienate the site or building in divisions or separate parts and, in case of the taking down or destruction of the building, shall not rebuild it, except in manner approved by the corporation.