Introduction to International Relations: Theories and Approaches
This highly successful textbook provides a systematic introduction to the principal theories of international relations. Combining incisive and original analyses with a clear and accessible writing style, it is ideal for introductory courses in international relations or international relations theory.
Introduction to International Relations, Third Edition, focuses on the main theoretical traditions--realism, liberalism, international society, and theories of international political economy. The authors carefully explain how particular theories organize and sharpen our view of the world. They integrate excellent pedagogical features throughout, including chapter summaries, key points, questions, further reading, web links, boxes, and world maps.
New to this Edition:
* Two new chapters, on social constructivism and foreign policy
* An expanded companion website with web links to theoretical debates, maps and world situations, figures and tables from the text, and a flashcard glossary
* A closer link between theory and practice
* New glossary of key terms
* Two-color text for easier navigation
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.