« PreviousContinue »
wanagement of the Bank, and its Branches and Agencies, not inconsistent with these By-Laws and the Charter of the Bank.
1. Discounts shall be made at the Bank, its Branches and Agencies, on Notes or Bills of Exchange, with at least two responsible names, or in lieu thereof, one responsible name and a satisfactory pledge of stock, under such rules, regulations and restrictions, as the Directors of the Bank shall, and may from time to time, prescribe and establish.
2. Discount shall be taken for the day on which any Note, Bill or Acceptance may be discounted, and also for the last day of Grace.
3. The money due by, and payable from the Bank, on any Note, Bill or Acceptance discounted, shall be paiil to or placed to the credit of the applicant on the day of Discount.
4. No discount shall be made without consent of twothirds of the Directors present, nor shall any reason be required of the Directors of each other, or ever assigned to individuals or to the public, for not discounting.
5. No Director of the Bank, or a Branch Bank, shall vote on any Note, Bill or Acceptance offered for discount in, or on which, he is drawer, security or endorser; or in the proceeds of which he is interested.
1. The Bank and its Branches, respectively, shall receive and keep the Cash of all persous offering Deposites, and
pay the same at sight. They may also receive for safe keeping, Special Deposits, at the request and risk of the depositors.
2. They shall also receive on deposit, or otherwise, and pay away, all specie coins, according to the rates and value
have been, or shall hereafter be, established by the Congress of the United States, or received under the authority of the same.
1. Dividends of such nett profits made by the Bank, its Branches and Agencies as the Directors of the Bink may deem it expedient to declare, shall be declareil ansi made payable on the first Mondays of January and July, in each and every year: and at the Branch Banki fifteen days thereafter. And should the Directors at any time make a Dividend exceeding the profils of the Bank, the Directors assenting thereto, shall be liable in their several individual capacities for the excess so divided.
STOCK AND STOCKHOLDERS.
1. Whenever payment in full, including interest on all instalments not regularly paid, shall be made by a Sub-criber, or by his or her legal Represantatives, on Shares subscribed in the Capital Stock of this Bank, a Certificate signed by President under the Seal of the Corporation, shall be given to each subscriber, or his or her legal representative, for all the Shares so subscribed and paid for.
2. The Stock of this Bank may be transferred by the subscribers, or their legal representatives, on the Transfer Book of the Bank, or by Attorney duly authorised for that purpose.
3. None but a Stockholder shall be allowed to act as a proxy at ang General Meeting of the Stockholders of this Bank.
4. The power given by a Stockholder to vote at a General Meeting of the Stockholders, or to receive dividends, shall continue in force until revoked.
5. Subscriptions for Svares of the Stock of this Bank remaining unsubscribed at this time, may be received at such times and under such regulations, as the Directors of the Bank shall appoint and prescribe.
6. Interest, at the rate of six per cent. per annum, shall be paid on all instalments not punctually pa d; and in default of punctual payment of instalments, on shares sunscribed for, the Directors of the Bank may strike off said delinquent subscribers, and permit the same shares to be subscribed for by others.
1. The Engraving of Plates, making of paper, and printing of blank Bank Notes, shall be done under the authority and by direction of the Dircctors of the Bank: and no Notes' shall be printed or signed, but by their order.
2. The Notes issued at the several Branch Banks, shall be signed by the President and countersigned by the Cashier of the Bank, and made payable at the Branch Bank from which they are issued. They shall be delivered to the Cashiers of the several Branch Banks, who shall give duplicate receipts for the same; one of which shall be deposited with the President of the Bank, the other with the President of the Branch Bank.
3. The Notes issued by, and made payable at, the Branch Banks, becoming unfit for circulation, shall be transmitted to the President of the Bank, who shall cause the Branch Bank transmitting the same, to be credited with the amount thereof.
1. It shall be the duty of every Officer, Clerk and Servant of the Bank and of the Branch Banks, to do and perform all such duties and services as may from time to time be required of them respectively, by the President or Cashier of the same.
2. No Officer of the Bank shall disclose any business done by the Bank or its Branches, unlsss required so to do by competent authority.
3. The Board of Directors may exainine the account of any individual when vecessary; but no individual Director shall be permitted to inspect the accounts of any person or persons with the Bank, of which he is a Director.
4. The form of the Certificates of the Capital Stock of the Bank of the State, shall be as follows:
is entitled to Shares in the Bank of the State of North Carolina, transferrable only at the said Bank, by the said personally or by Attorney. Witness,
President of the said Bank, under the Seal of the said Bank at Raleigh, this
5. The form of the power for voting by proxy. at any General Meeting of the Stockholders, shall be as follows:
Know all men by these presents, that
of do hereby appoint
to be substitute and proxy for, and in
name and behalf, to vote at a General Meeting of Stockholders of the Bank of the State of North Carolina, to be held at Raleigh on the day of
nest, as fully as might or could, were
personally present. In witness whereof, hath hereunto set hand and seal , this day of
in the year
6. The form of the power for selling, assigning and trans. ferring Stock of this Bank, shall be as follows:
Know all inen by these presents, that of
do hereby constitute and appoint
true and lawful Attorney, for and in
and behalf, to sell, assign and transser to any person or persons, the whole or any part of Shares belonging to
in the Capital or Joint Stock of the Bank of the State of North Carolina ; and for that purpose, to make and execute all necessary acts of assignment and transfor; and furthermore, to appoint one or more persons under
to substitute with like full power. In witness whereof,
have hereunto set
hand and seal this year
Sealed and delivered before
7. The form of the Power to receive Dividends, shall be as follows :
Know all men by these presents, that
of do hereby constitute and appoint lawful Attorney, for
and in name and behalf, to receive and give receipts for all-Dividends now due on Shares belonging to in the Capital or Joint Stock of the Bank of the State of North Carolina. In witness whereof,
hath set hand and scal this" Sealed and delivered in presence of