About this book
Books on Google Play
JOURNAL OF PROCEEDINGS
NATIONAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
Composed and Printed By The University of Chicago Press
Chicago, Illinois, U.S. A.
Addresses of Welcome-Mother; Cooley; Howe
Response-Thompson . . . . . .
Education for Avocation-Schaeffer
Vocational Education in London-Brereton .
The Adaptation of the Schools to Industry and Efficiency--Draper.
Proposed Work of Commission for Conservation of National Resources—Van Hise
The Function of Education in a Democracy-Brumbaugh
Negro Education and the Nation-Washington . . . .
The Reconcilement of Cross-Purposes in the Education of Women-Miss Arnold
The Public School and the Immigrant Child-Miss Addams . . .
The School and the Practice of Ethics—Mrs. Young . . . . .
The Personal Touch in Teaching-West
The Personal Power of the Teacher in Public-School Work--Maxwell . .
DEPARTMENT OF SUPERINTENDENCE (Washington Meeting, 1908)
Secretary's Minutes Cook . . . . . . . .
Opportunities for Economy in the Course of Study-Heeter . .
Modifications Necessary to Secure Recognition for Pupils of Varying Ability-
Kendall . . . . . . . . . . .
SYMPOSIUM: THE PLACE OF INDUSTRIES IN PUBLIC EDUCATION-
1. Democracy and Education; Equal Opportunity for All-Russell. .
2. Equality of Opportunity: How Secured-Elliott . . . . .
3. Urgency of Provision for Vocational Needs of Children-McElroy.
4. Importance of Constructive Activities in the Elementary-School Course
5. An Intermediate Industrial School-Morse . .
6. A Technical High School-Martin . . . . . . .
Agriculture, Industries, and Home Economics in Our Public Schools-Hays .
NURTURE AND PROTECTION OF PHYSICAL WELLBEING OF PUBLIC-SCHOOL PUPILS
1. How Can the School Contribute to Physical Development ?-Gulick .
2. Medical Inspection in Public Schools-Harrington
OCT 211914 316205