« PreviousContinue »
GREAT BRITAIN and IRELAND.
WITH NOTES AND REFERENCES
By JOHN RAITHBY, Of Lincoln's Inn, Esg.
BARRISTER AT LAW.
Containing the Acts 45 Geo. III. (1805.) and 46 Geo. III. (1806.)
Containing the TITLES of all
PUBLICK and PRIVATE,
Passed in the THIRD Session of the SECOND Parliament
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland; 45 GEORGE III.
PUBLICK GENERAL ACTS.
L A ^^ for continu'ng and granting to His Majesty certain X> Dunes upon Malt, in Great Britain, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and five. paae 1
2. An Act for continuing and granting to His Majesty a Duty on Pensions, Offices and Personal Estates, in England; and certain Duties on Sugar Malt Tobacco and Snuff, in Great Britain, for the Service of the Year One thousand eight hundred and nve. Ib'd
3. An Act to remedy certain Omissions in an Act, passed in the last Session of Parliament, intituled An Act for the Relief of certain Insolvent Debtors. fi-%
4. An Act to continue, until Six Weeks after the Commencement of the next Session of Parliament, an Act, made in the last Session of Parliament, for continuing an Act to empower the Lord Lieutenant or other Chief Governor or Governors of Ireland, to apprehend and detain such Persons as he or they shall suspect for conspiring against His Majesty's Person and Government. «.,
5' J^V^f for explaining and amending an Act made in the Forty third Year of His present Majesty, for consolidating certain of the Provisions contained in any Act or Acts relating to the Duties under the Management of the Commissioners for the
JTrtJV aXf' and for ameHdin§ ^e same, so far as relates to tne rower of acting as Commissioners in certain Districts. 2 "•■An Act.t0 indemnify such Persons in the United Kingdom as have omitted to qualify themselves for Offices and Employments; and for extending the Times limited for those Purposes iespectively, until the Twenty fifth Day of December One thou
A 2 sand
sand eight hundred and five, and to permit such Persons in Great Britain as have omitted to make and file Affidavits of the Execution of Indentures of Clerks to Attornies and Solicitors, to make and^file the same on or before the First Day of Michaelmas TernTOne thousand eight hundred and five. Page 3
7. An Act for raising the Sum of Three millions by Loans or Exchequer Bills, for the Service of Great Britain, for the Year One thousand eight hundred and five. Ibid.
8. An Act for amending an Act, passed in the last Session of Parliament, for granting additional Annuities to the Proprietors of Stock created by Two Acts, passed in the Thirty seventh and Forty second Years of Flis present Majesty. Ibid.
9. An Act for allowing Vessels employed in the Greenland Whale Fishery, to complete their full Number of Men at certain Ports for the present Season. 9
10. An Act for making further Provision for the effectual Performance of Quarantine. Ibid.
11. An Act for granting certain additional Rates and Duties in Great Britain, on the Conveyance of Letters. 31
12. An Act for raising the Sum of Twenty two Millions five hundred thousand Pounds by way of Annuities- 35
13. An Act for granting to His Majesty additional Duties in Great Britain on Horses used in riding, or for drawing certain Carriages; and for consolidating the said additional Duties with the present Duties thereon. Ibid.
14. An Act for granting additional Duties on Salt in Great Britain. ■ Ibid.
15. An Act for granting to His Majesty additional Duties in Great Britain, on the Amount of Assessments to be charged on the Profits arising from Property, Professions, Trades and Offices. . i r f°
16. An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion; and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters. 41
17. An Act for the Regulation of His Majesty's Royal Marine Forces while on Shore. ^Ai
18. An Act for granting to His Majesty, until the Twenty fifth Dav of March One thousand eight hundred and six, certain Rates and Duties, and to allow certain Drawbacks and Bounties upon Goods, Wares and Merchandize, imported into and exported from Ireland, in lieu of former Rates and Duties, Drawbacks and Bounties. ^f"
19. An Act for granting to His Majesty, until the Iwenty nrtn Day of March One thousand eight hundred and six, certain Inland Duties of Excise and Taxes in Ireland, in lieu of former Duties of Excise and Taxes. 62
20. An Act for granting to His Majesty certain Stamp Duties in
'Ireland. . T _ _ ^ld'
21. An Act for repealing certain Duties upon Letters and Jackets sent by the Post within Ireland, and granting other Duties in lieu
thereof. _ ^ ^ . Ihf
22 An Act for granting to His Majesty a Duty upon Malt made
in Ireland, and upon Spirits made or distilled in Ireland, for the
Year One thousand eight hundred and five. 64
23. Aq Act to continue, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and six, and to amend several Acts for regulating the Drawbacks and Bounties on the Exportation of Sugar from Ireland. Page 6"4
24. An Act for further continuing, until the. Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and six, an Act, passed in the Forty third Year of His present Majesty, for discontinuing certain Drawbacks and Bounties on the Exportation of Sugar from Great Britain, and for allowing other Drawbacks and Bounties in lieu thereof. Ibid.
25. An Act to continue an Act for suspending the Operation of an Act of the Seventeenth Year of His present Majesty, for restraining the Negociation of Promissory Notes and Bills of Exchange under a limited Sum in England, until Six Months after the Ratification of a Definitive Treaty of Peace. Ibid.
26. An Act for continuing several Laws relating to the permitting the Warehousing of Spirits in Ireland for Exportation, for charging a Duty on the same when taken out for Home Consumption, and for regulating the Exportation to Great Britain of Spirits not Warehoused, until the Twenty ninth Day of September One thousand eight hundred and five; to the prohibiting the Exportation from, and permitting the Importation to Great Britain of Corn, and for allowing the Importation of other Articles of Provision, without Payment of Duty, and to the prohibiting the Exportation from Ireland of Corn, or Potatoes, or other Provisions, and to the permitting the Importation into Ireland of Corn, Fish and Provisions, without Payment of Duty, until the Twenty fifth Day of March One thousand eight hundred and six. Ibid.
27. An Act to enable the Lords Commissioners of His Majesty's Treasury of Great Britain, to issue Exchequer Bills, on the Credit of such Aids or Supplies as have been or shall be granted by Parliament for the Service of Great Britain^ for the Year One thousand eight hundred and five. Ibid.
28. An Act for granting to His Majesty additional Stamp Duties in Great Britain on certain Legacies. Ibid.
29. An Act for granting to his Majesty additional Duties within Great Britain on certain Goods, Wares and Merchandize imported into or brought or carried Coastwise. 67
30. An Act for granting to His Majesty several additional Duties of Excise in Great Britain. 68
31. An Act for allowing a certain Proportion of the Militia in Great Britain voluntarily to enlist into His Majesty's Regular Forces and Royal Marines. 76
32. An Act for granting to Foreign Ships put under His Majesty's Protection the Privileges of Prize Ships under certain Regulations and Restrictions; and for allowing Aliens, in Foreign Colonies surrendered to His Majesty, to exercise the Occupations of Merchants or Factors during the present War, and until Six Months after the Ratification of a Definitive Treaty of Peace. Ibid.
33. An Act to make valid certain Licences granted by virtue of an Order in Council for allowing the Importation and Exportation of certain Goods and Merchandize from and to Spain