brings together new contributions from internationally renowned scholars in order to examine the past, present and future of Protestantism.
- Co-edited by leading Protestant theologians Alister E. McGrath and Darren C. Marks, with contributions from internationally renowned scholars.
- Opens with an investigation into the formation of Protestant identity across Europe, North America, Asia, Australasia and Africa.
- Includes coverage of leading Protestant thinkers, such as Luther, Calvin, Schleiermacher and Barth.
- Considers the interaction of Protestantism with different areas of modern life, including the arts, politics, the law and science.
- Debates the future of Protestantism in both Western and non-Western settings.