The Principles of Project Management
The Principles of Project Management lays out clear steps that anyone can follow to get projects done right, and delivered on time.
This full color book covers:
- Why Project Management is important
- The 6 fundamental truths of project management
- Getting started: Discovering, Initiating, Planning and Resourcing a project
- Getting the Job Done: Executing and controlling
- Keeping it Smooth: Communication, collaboration and managing change
- Following through: Ongoing support and maintenance, measuring operational success
- Resources: Review of various tools, recommended reading, professional resources for project management
Short, and to the point, this book aims to do to provide a solid foundation for anyone who finds themselves responsible for executing projects.
From the Back Cover
Every project you manage will be unique. Scope, budgets, team dynamics, and timeframes will differ. As a project manager, the most important factor in achieving project success will be your understanding of The Principles Of Project Management.
This book will show you that project management isn't rocket science: using the information contained in this book, you'll deliver projects on time and on budget, again and again.
With The Principles Of Project Management you'll:
- Learn how to start every project on the right foot.
- Master the planning, execution, and control of your projects.
- Discover the secrets of effective communication and change management.
- Identify project warning signals and learn to keep your projects on track.
- Understand the benefits of using the right tools, resources, and people.
- Learn how to give a superstar project handover.
- And much, much more