The Middle East and North Africa: 2004
Europa Publications Limited
, 2004 - Reference
- 1370 pages
Now in its 50th edition, this title continues to provide the most up-to-date geo-political and economic information for this important world area.
- Covers the Middle East and North Africa from Algeria to Yemen
- Offers quick access to a wide range of data
- Accurately and impartially records the latest political and economic developments
- Provides comprehensive data on all major organizations in the region.
- Introductory essays covering topics relating to the region as a whole including: Arab-Israeli Relations 1967-2003; The Jerusalem Issue; Documents on Palestine; The Removal of Saddam Hussain and the 'Deconstruction' of Iraq; Natural Gas in the Middle East and North Africa; Oil in the Middle East and North Africa and Islamic Banking and Finance.
- Individual chapters on each country containing: articles on geography, recent history and economy; an economic and demographic survey using all the latest available statistics on population, agriculture, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, and education; directory sections with names, addresses and contact numbers covering the constitution, government, legislature, judiciary, political organizations, diplomatic representation, religious groups, the media, finance, trade and industry (including petroleum), and tourism.
- Includes all major international organizations active in the region, their aims, activities, publications and principal personnel
- Research Institutes specializing in the region
- Bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the Middle East and North Africa.