Christianity in Asia
explores the history, development, and current state of Christianity across the world’s largest and most populous continent.
- Offers detailed coverage of the growth of Christianity within South Asia; among the thousands of islands comprising Southeast Asia; and across countries whose Christian origins were historically linked, including Vietnam, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea
- Brings together a truly international team of contributors, many of whom are natives of the countries they are writing about
- Considers the Middle Eastern countries whose Christian roots are deepest, yet have turbulent histories and uncertain futures
- Explores the ways in which Christians in Asian countries have received and transformed Christianity into their local or indigenous religion
- Shows Christianity to be a vibrant contemporary movement in many Asian countries, despite its comparatively minority status in these regions