Ethnicity in Asia
This book is designed as a comprehensive comparative introduction to ethnicity in East and Southeast Asia since 1945. Each chapter covers a particular country looking at such core issues as:
· the ethnic minorities or groups in the country of concern, how many ethnic groups, population, language and culture group they belong to, traditional religions and arts
· government policy towards the ethnic minorities or groups
· the economies of the ethnic minorities or groups and the relation with the national economy;
· problems of national integration caused by the ethnic minorities or groups;
· the impact of ethnic issues on the country's overall foreign relations.
What people are saying - Write a review
We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
Perspectives on Contemporary Ethnic Conflict: Primal Violence Or the ...
Santosh C. Saha
Limited preview - 2006
Ethnic Groups Across National Boundaries in Mainland Southeast Asia
Limited preview - 1990